New Year’s Resolutions…I Will.
Ah, the new year. Parties, football, vacation…good times. Oh, and resolutions. No, we are not talking about your personal, ‘stop spending so much time on my Blackberry’ resolution, but your interactive, business and professional resolutions.
As the economy continues to slow and the constant stream of negative news does nothing to boost our hopes of a quick turnaround, how can you protect and even grow your brand, reputation and marketing platform in 2009?
Our 7 interactive resolutions should help to answer that question. Save them, email them to your peers or print them out and hang them on your wall.
- I will project a positive and upbeat image for my brand / product, reminding consumers why they trust us.
- I will reconnect and indulge my already loyal consumers…email list members, subscribers, requestors, etc…they have shown an interest in my brand / product and I need to offer them something in return.
- I will learn to listen and communicate with my consumers using the interactive tools they are comfortable with…social networks, blogs, Twitter, SMS, etc.
- I will test and re-test my creative, targeting and messaging, holding my vendors or ad agency accountable for under-performing ads.
- I will focus more attention and resources on ensuring that my search engine strategy, both SEO and SEM, is delivering maximum results.
- I will look beyond the simple metrics associated with my online campaigns or website and determine my ‘engagement’ metrics…the data that reveals insight into how my consumers are interacting with my online presence.
- I will take advantage of this opportunity to reevaluate our position in the marketplace…can we offer a more valuable, useful or desirable service, across a variety of interactive platforms, to our consumers.
There you go, our 7, but we are quite sure there are a lot more. What do you think? What are your resolutions for the new year?
Here’s to a positive and prosperous 2009.