The data, reflecting a period of 6 months from January 2011 until June 2011, was collected from 20 DMO and CVB partners in attendance at eTourism Summit. This data set provided an enhanced look at these digital trends across a variety of DMOs, all while using a common benchmarking / measurement tool…namely Google Analytics.
In conjunction with Paul Winkle from Miles Media, who presented the Matter section of Metrics That Matter, the presentation examined three basic trends: visitation, BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) and mobile.
The results (full presentation above, summary below), were captivating.
Digital Trends for DMOs + CVBs
- 76% of DMO website visitors are new.
- The majority of traffic to DMO websites comes from search (58%).
- Visitation from the BRIC countries has increased by 125% in the last 6 months.
- Mobile visitation has doubled (5.31% to 10.16%) over the past 6 months.
- 65% of mobile visits come from the iOS (Apple) platform.
Certainly just a small glimpse of data, but an intriguing preview into the possibilities of shared metrics and benchmarked research between destinations.
Receive New Travel 2.0 Articles via Email