Travel 2.0 Year in Review. Or, How to Pass Time While at Work
Ah, the holidays, what a great time of the year. Unfortunately, some of you are still at work this week. I mean, the rest of us appreciate it, but how do you spend your seemingly endless minutes until New Year’s? Well, if you are like us, the few days between Christmas and New Year’s provide a great chance to catch up on blog posts, your RSS collection or that stack of industry magazines in the corner of your office.
With that in mind, we thought some reading material was in order.
Here are some of our favorite, most popular and educational posts from the Travel 2.0 blog during 2008:
- State of the Industry Conversations: Shelli Johnson, Founder, YellowstonePark.com
- Travel Trends – Blog Now!, Social is Mainstream, Internet Users
- Instant Case Study: Colorado.com, or ‘Let’s Talk Redesign!’
- Oregon, The People’s Coast!
- All About twitter
- Random Thoughts: Why Didn’t We Do That?
- Don’t Want To Write A Blog? Have Someone Else Do It For You
- South Carolina is So Gay
- Here’s Google!!
- Marketers, Don’t Just Blindly Follow Latest Media Trends
- Travel Trends – Luggage, UGC, Twitter, More JetBlue, Bad Photoshop
- The Open Rate Must Die
- Get Outta My Website…And Into My Phone!
- Travel Trends: Tracking You, Engagement Mapping & Click Thrus
- All Content Is Dead
- User-Generated Content Is Dead
- If The TSA Can Start a Blog, Why Not You?
- Bloggers? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Bloggers!
That is just a handful of our favorites, but we had to stop somewhere.
And just to balance out our narcissism for ourselves, we also found some of our favorite posts of 2008 from some of our favorite bloggers:
- Seth Godin: What is viral marketing?
- Seth Godin: Brands, social, clutter and the sundae
- Seth Godin: All customers are smarter than average
- Scott Meis: 10 Popular Social Media Tools & Trends of 2008
- Stephen A. Joyce: Engaging Bloggers – PR dos and don’ts
- Stephen A. Joyce: Are Developing DMOs Adopting New Technology Faster?
- Kevin May: Travel brands on YouTube – mixed results
- Kevin May: Future of hospitality?
- Josh Bernoff: Reconciling Social Technographics and 90-9-1
- Michael Arrington: Technorati Founder Dave Sifry Takes On Travel Guide Industry
- Ogilvy PR 360 Digital Influence Blog: Twitter Strategy Blog Series
There you go, the best of 2008…in our humble opinion. Plus, plenty of reading material for the next few days. Hey, while you are at it, why not start exploring Twitter or Flickr, you have the time.
Have an addition to our list? Really liked a blog post…either one of ours or another blogger? Let us know in the comments section.
Have a happy and safe New Year all.