Ah, Social Networking
Mo and I wanted to pass along a quick thank you to everyone who has joined the Travel 2.0 group over at LinkedIn. Since starting the group on February 4th, a little over a month ago, we have 526 group members and we are adding about 25 a day.
The response has been overwhelming and at the same time, very encouraging. Clearly the need for a peer group within the travel industry on this ever changing subject is there, and we are very happy to help facilitate it.
Over the next few weeks we will be setting up some additional resources for the group, so those who want to discuss and learn more about these subjects can rely on the collective intelligence and experience of the group.
Speaking of which, take a look at a fraction of the experience within the group:
- Product Manager at Delta Air Lines
- New Media Manager at Peter Greenberg Worldwide
- Travel Industry Consultant and Senior Marketing/eCommerce Executive
- Alliance Manager at Air France
- Travel Editor at NBC Universal
- Founder & CEO, RealTravel Inc
- COO at Travel Ad Network
- Manager Digital Advertising at Qatar Airways
- VP Business Develpment / Group RCI – Wyndham Worldwide
- CEO & Managing Partner, TourismROI LLC
- Former President, Travelocity Business
- VP Marketing, TripHub Inc.
- Corporate Strategy, Northwest Airlines
- Online Marketing Manager at Washington County Visitors Association
- Director: Travel Category Yahoo Inc.
- Webmaster/eCommerce Manager at Alitalia
- Managing Editor, MSN Travel
- Sr. Manager, Online Marketing at RC
- Manager, Direct Sales & Marketing at Singapore Airlines
Again, thanks to all who have joined. If you have any suggestions on the group, subject matter or ways to communicate and collaborate, please let us know via the comments section.
For those of you not involved, visit LinkedIn to join the Travel 2.0 group.