Travel Trends – Flickrvision, Millennials
Flickrvision – A mashup in the truest since of the word, Flickrvision lets you watch in real-time as users upload images to Flickr, all set against a Google Map. An interesting look into what other people around the world are uploading to Flickr. As it turns out, most of the world appears to have pretty similar interests when it comes to photos.
Millennials – A good report from Deloitte’s study on Media & Entertainment, courtesy of the Center for Media Research. Findings include:
- 51% of all consumers are watching/reading personal content created by others; the number jumps to 71% for Millennials
- 55% of Millennials and 42% of Xers read blogs
- 62% of Millennials and 41% of Xers watch YouTube or other video streaming sites
- 40% of all consumers are creating their own entertainment, such as editing movies, music and photos.
- 56% Millennials are creating their own entertainment
- 25% of Matures report creating their own entertainment